Monday, January 23, 2012

Are we still Color Blind in 2012

Here we are in 2012 and I hear of a tweet: "I will fuck a nigga before I date a dark skin chick". Really? Mind you, he is about 5'6, DARK SKIN with locs and ugly to my standards. Really I said, what fine ass CHOCOLATE SISTER will fuck with you anyway. So do I dare ask the question. Are we still color blind?

Being one of my Chocolate nature and thick as hell to boot, I often here the following phrases: "hey chocolate", "you sexy to be dark skin", "you have nice white teeth". I can go on and on for days about this. What does this say to me? Nothing because I take absolutely no offense. But here is where it gets tricky. "You are the first dark skin chick I dated", I don't usually date dark skin girls, but for you I make an exception", "oh thank you Vicky, because now I only like dark skin girls".. Whaaaaaaaaaa... Fuck off. The world only seems to be intrigued with LIGHT SKIN BITCHES WITH LONG HAIR!!!!!! I have heard this preference for forever and a day. So what do we as Chocolate girls do, we go from natural to permed hair, long weaves and bright lips just to get noticed. I refuse.. I FUCKING REFUSE. THAT IS NOT THE EPITOME OF SEXY.

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF BEING DOWN GRADED BECAUSE THE BITCH NEXT TO ME IS LIGHT SKIN. HER COMPLEXTION DOES NOT MAKE HER PRETTY. But please if you are looking for some token bitch, by all means bypass me and chose her. I am not a token, trophy or anything of that matter. I am a WOMAN, and all that it entails. Nor will I be a second choice. So many men and women are walking around with TOKENS and coming to bed with Chocolate.

Lets talk double standard. Black men dating white or other race women, and when a Black woman goes outside of the race its totally wrong. And the first thing out the mouth of a man, Black women have to much attitude!! Lets be clear, BLACK WOMEN ARE NOT SUBMISSIVE. We will not keep putting up with your shit, so you go find those who you can control. A Black woman's complaint about Black men dating outside the race: we are not the TOKEN females they want.

I will not apologize for my attitude, the extra sashay in my walk or the slang in my talk. If you can't handle it, then its a sign that I DON'T need you. A message to those, KEEP LOOKING FOR THEM TOKEN FEMALES, because at the end of the day, We are without Question African American. You have to check the same box on that application as I do, no matter what your complextion is.

No comments:

Post a Comment