Monday, September 26, 2011

Special

Today I am dedicating this to you. You know who you are. Standing in the mirror, looking at yourself and saying I hate this look. Your hair may never seem right, your weight seems a little much for you, your skin complexion to dark or to light. Confidence low, and you can not understand for the life of you why.

Take this moment to think and ask your self: what is you definition of beauty? It could be anything that you wish it to be. The rock on the ground, the colors in your room, your kids, family, but make sure after you define it, YOU are in this definition. We always find something to critisize about ourselves. Me, I do all the time but I know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with me. When I feel sexy, I look the part even if I am in jeans and timbs. If I feel like crap, I wear it proudly. Confidence is not a feeling, it can be warn like a scarf around your neck, or kicked by your feet down the street. You know what keeps me going: HER!! I am lucky enough to have this person in my ear who always lets me know that I am worth MY Sexy.

So you, standing in the mirror, know that I am right behind you. Telling you that you are BEAUTIFUL. Light skinned with long hair, dark skinned with natural hair, short and shapely, tall and skinny. No matter you shape, your mommy curves, stretch marks and all, there will be someone out there who loves you just for you. And if they are not, just look to me and remember confidence is warn not felt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment