Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I see you...

This morning I woke up, looked in the mirror and my reflection looked back at me. That's all I would expect from it. I wash and dress and put on my hoodie to walk out the door and I see you. Lil Tray, categorized, suspicious, casted out just like the rest. We have all fallen victim to this one way or the other. We walk in a store, and seem to be the only ones being followed. We walk in a restaurant and seem to always be seated by the bathroom or kitchen. Here, we can't catch a cab, unless my skirt is too short until they see my fiance and get mad that they stopped. Someone just spit on the ground next to me, but I got the ticket. I can go on and on about this.

I see you, the elephant in the room, big as day. Looking for a way out, though the exit is not big enough for him to fit. Here we are in the 21st century and we haven't moved an inch since slavery. I mean, we have lil gay white boy on survivor who openly admits his only black contact is his maid!!! Go figure. Can someone please let the elephant out the dayum door, at least let him go do his business and come back. Am I going to be racially profiled every time I leave my house. I tend to look a little mannish in my hoodie and sweats. But on a better note: the sales of skittles and Arizona have skyrocketed. But we need not support the companies in hand, we need to support the family of this fallen young man.

WHY IS THIS HALF WAY, FAKE ASS COP STILL NOT ARRESTED???? Are we all forgetting that he was advised to leave this kid alone by the cops.... This is straight up murder!! Let it would have been the other way around.. well we know the ending to this. When will someone see ME and not the color of my skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment